Friday, February 28, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ February 2020 Flavor of the Month Card Kit ~ Sneak Peek

Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing the last sneak peek of the February 2020 Flavor of the Month card kit called It's All About the Girls!! Oh my goodness... I was so excited to see this beautiful face stamp when I received my card kit!! I couldn't wait to ink her up and color!!


When I was looking through the papers in the first collection, I had the idea for this card form in my mind. I trimmed the striped layer of paper down to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" and ran the rose paper through my big shot with a stitched rectangle die. I adhered the papers together and then wrapped the wide black ribbon around and tied a faux bow... it's actually just a knot and I trimmed the tails to make it look like a bow. Now, I will mention that the black ribbon is from my stash and not included in the collection. I couldn't resist... the design called for it! Anywho, I stamped the beautiful image onto white card stock with Memento Tuxedo black ink (masking the lips) and then I stamped the lips with a light pink dye ink. I then colored the image with the following copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E21
Hair ~ B41, C3, C5, C7, C9
Lips ~ R81, R83, R85, RV29


I wanted to take the shine on her lips just one more step so I added some glossy accents... Wow! It really made a difference! I love how it turned out! I die cut another piece of white card stock with the Frilly Lace Nested Rectangle die by Gina Marie Designs. I trimmed down the colored image to fit on the die cut piece, fussy cutting around the top of the face and hair and then I adhered it down.


I popped up the main panel with foam squares. To finish off the card, I added a few of the enamel dots included in the collection and then added the sentiment sticker, also included in the collection.


I'm so happy with how this card turned out! I hope you like it too! I hope that you have subscribed to receive this beautiful kit!! If not, you can here ---> February 2020 It's All About the Girls card kit!!

Be sure to come back tonight at midnight EST to check out the reveal of the card kit and to hop with us as the design team shares all kinds of fabulous inspiration!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.