Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs ~ Caffeinated Octopus ~ Gets me Kraken!

Hello there! Today, I'm sharing a card I made with the fabulous Caffeinated: Octopus set from The Rabbit Hole Designs for the CASology Cue Card: Wave challenge. I am loving all the fun Caffeinated stamps from this new stamp company!! And thought this octopus would be perfect for this challenge!!


I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink over the My Favorite Things Make Waves stencil being sure to keep the blending light. I then stamped the Caffeinated: Octopus twice... once over the stenciled background and again on a scrap piece of white card stock. I knew that I didn't want to fussy cut around all those wayward hairs poking out of the octopus' curlers so I could fussy cut those right off but still have them on the card.


I colored in the octopus using the following Copic markers:

Octopus ~ BV04, BV31, BV34, R000, R11
Curlers ~ BG000, BG13, BG15
Coffee Pot ~ E44, E47, E49, N0, N1, N5, N8
Mugs ~ RV0000, RV17, RV19, RV21

I also used a touch of white gel pen on the mugs and coffee pot. The red in the eyes was made using a Paper Mate Ink Joy pen. I colored around the outer edges of the eyes with the R000 and R11 copic markers and then made tiny squiggly lines with the red pen. I fussy cut the octopus and then adhered it over the image I had stamped on the card front. I then ran the card front through the Big Shot with the My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle die. I stamped the sentiment in the top right corner and then adhered the whole piece to a white card base.


Here's one more look at the finished card... pretty simple, but oh so fun!
Love this Caffeinated: Octopus!! 

There's still a little bit of time to play along with the CASology challenge! 
You can check it out here ---> CASology Cue Card: Wave challenge.






Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal


8 comments:

  1. I use your method of stamping twice all the time, it saves a lot of cutting stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coloring and I love the bloodshot eyes! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaa - I am loving that sentiment! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh. Very nice coloring. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.