Sunday, February 3, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Penguin Love ~ All You Need!

Hello there! I have a quick card to share with you today using a sweet new digi set from Polka Dot Orchard! I just love the combination of images in the new Penguin Love set... and it's on sale this weekend for 70% off!! What an amazing deal! Now before you run off to buy it... let's look at my card real quick.


I wanted to make some easy card fronts so I resized this cup and a couple of sentiments all onto a 8-1/2 x 11 size document so that all I had to do was print it off and cut the sheet into four. I could then color and trim (or die cut) them to add to a card base. Easy peasy!


So this is my first card to share from that sheet. I colored the cup using the following Copic markers ~ R000, R14, R27, V15, V17, W00, W2, N1, N4.
My inspiration for the color combination is a cup that I use for watercoloring that was given to me by my kids for Mother's Day a couple of years ago. It's very similar to this cup... even with the stripes on the handle! So I thought it would be perfect to do a similar cup with the love theme! I kept the colors light for the coffee because I imagined it was topped with a whipped cream... yum! To finish off the card, I added some Nuvo purple rain glitter drops on the stir stick heart and here and there on the card. It was very hard to get a good picture of the glitter drops, but it's all glittery! I promise!

Well, that's it for me today. I hope to share another card using this adorable set later this week!
Now, run and go get your digi set before the sale is over! :)

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.