Friday, October 11, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Pinkfresh Studio ~ Great Joy!

Hello there crafty friend! 
Today, I'm sharing a couple of Christmas cards using the wonderful Great Joy stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio. I love a beautiful wreath stamp and this one is just too cute! 


I knew that I wanted to use Kraft card stock with white embossing, but I couldn't decide if I should color the images in the wreath or not. So, I made two cards!! Let me know in the comments which one you like better. I like both... there's something about that clean pop of white and then there's also something about those sweet colored images. I really can't pick!


I stamped the wreath on the Kraft card stock using my Stamp Platform so that I could easily make two cards. I stamped them with VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed them with a fine white embossing powder. I then stamped the bow using a red ink and then I stamped it again with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine clear embossing powder. That gives it that pretty shine, but also gives it that touch of color that I wanted. I colored a few of the images in one of the wreaths with a few Prismacolor Pencils. I fussy cut the wreaths and blended on some Forest Moss Distress Oxide inks around the inner and outer edges. I set the wreaths aside to start on the card bases.


 I chose the beautiful Christmas Wishes papers by Amy Design to pair up with these cards. I die cut two pieces of the pretty plaid paper with a large stitched rectangle die and adhered them to kraft card bases. I then trimmed two pieces of kraft card stock down to 4-1/4 x 2". I stamped the sentiments using the Stamp Platform again so that I could stamp with the red ink and then the VersaMark watermark ink. I heat embossed the fine clear embossing powder again to make the sentiments shine.


I then adhered the wide sentiment strips to the card and popped up the wreaths with foam tape. To finish off the cards, I added a few red enamel dots. I just love the touches of red with kraft and white! So... which card do you like better? Leave a comment with your thoughts... I'd love to hear!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal



2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.