Friday, December 15, 2017

It's All About Christmas at Scrapping For Less

Merry Christmas! I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card for Scrapping for Less today.



You may have already seen the pictures above on the SFL blog today. I have a few more pictures to share. I just love when a card design comes together like this one did!


I just knew I had to use this Shut the Front Door die for this card. It fit perfectly with the beautiful Cursive Merry Christmas word die from Gina Marie Designs. I started by stamping the little snowflakes from Lawn Fawn's Beary Happy Holidays in white ink all over the light blue card stock. I set that aside to dry. I wanted to make the door look somewhat real so I grabbed my leftovers papers from the November Sending Thanks Collection ~ My Mind's Eye Woodgrain papers and die cut the door, the steps and the door handle. I then die cut the wreath using leftover card stock from the October Merry & Bright Collection <--- there's still a couple kits in stock!


For the inside of the door, I cut a 2" x 3-1/8" piece of thin white card stock and used some more scraps of paper... again the woodgrain one and I also used the Christmas music paper from the I Love Christmas paper pack by Echo Park. I layered those patterned papers on top of the white card stock and then trimmed the edges. I inked up the little penguin from Lawn Fawn's Here We Go A-Waddling with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored him in with copic markers. I fussy cut him out and adhered him inside the door. Now the fun part, adhering all the layers. Once that was done, I layered the entire panel to a white card base.


Here's a close-up picture showing the snowflakes in the background and the glittery goodness I added to the wreath using a clear wink of stella pen. I really had fun making this card! 

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Scrapping for Less blog today... the whole design team is sharing their wonderful creations all together!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.