Friday, September 27, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 ~ Transfer Gel Duo Spatters ~ Therm O Web

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back to share one last card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! I experimented a little bit and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! Hee hee! I'm sharing a fun ink blended and spattered Christmas card featuring some awesome crafty goodies from our amazing sponsor, Therm O Web! Therm O Web has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for this month's challenge! There's still a few days to enter! They also shared an exclusive code with us for 10% OFF our orders on their website... use code BYSHC10.


I wasn't quite sure where this card was going until I got there! LOL! Do you ever have that happen to you?! I started with a vibrant background that I blended using Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks. I did a bit of water spatters on the background. And then I got to thinking how could I do some foiling spatters... oh, how fun it was to figure out how and then see that it worked!


While I was thinking about how I'd add foil spatters, I trimmed my background and die cut a scrap of Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink using the hill die from the Land Borders Die Set from Newton's Nook Designs. I adhered them together with iCraft UltraBond Adhesive and then set the panel aside. Next, I stamped the adorable critters from the fun exclusive 2024 STAMPtember set from Newton's Nook Designs and Simon Says Stamp called Happy Paw-lidays {sadly, it's sold out}. Speaking of Simon Says Stamp... I'm entering this fun card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes over on the SSS Blog.


I decided to Copic color the adorable kitty and stamped the sentiment using Wilted Violet Distress Ink. I actually stamped the sentiment on the card but I messed it up by pushing too hard. It happens! So I stamped the sentiment again, trimmed it up and popped it up on the card using iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white). I die cut the kitty using the coordinating Happy Paw-lidays die set and also popped up the kitty on the card. But I'm getting ahead of myself. The foil spatters created with Transfer Gel Duo and Silver Shattered Glass Deco Foil Transfer Sheets were done before the popping up of anything {check out the video below!}.

Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used for the kitty:
Kitty: R00, R20, N0, N2, N4
Hat / Scarf: C00, C2, B00, B02, B04, B28
Present: V000, V12, V15, V17
Ribbon: RV10, RV11, RV14

You can check out the quick video showing how I made the fun foiled spatters here... Fun Foil Spatters | Transfer Gel Duo | Therm O Web.





Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 for the month of September. I've had a blast with this sketch! There's just a few more days to play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of super creative inspiration this month from the design team. Loving it!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.