Thursday, October 28, 2021

Get Your Spooky On ~ All Things Halloween Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

Crystal here from Tawny Owl Paperie with one last Halloween card for the All Things Halloween Challenge in the Unity Show & Tell group! Today I thought it would be fun to share a Fun Fold card using a few Halloween stamp kits and cute Halloween papers.


For the front of the card I used papers from the Trick or Treat {paper pack}... I distressed the edges a bit with some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. My card base measures 8-7/8 x 5-1/2" and I scored it at 2-1/2 and 6-3/4" on the longer side. It's slightly larger than an A2 card base so that the left front flap overlaps the right front flap.


I have had the Spooky Girl stamp on my desk all month just waiting to get inky and it was finally her time! I stamped her with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink and then colored her up with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11
Hair ~ YG11, YG23
Hat ~ N0, N2, N4, N6,BV00, BV11, YR15, YR21, YR68
Clothes ~ N0, N1, N2, N3, N4, N6, BV00, BV11


I fussy cut Spooky Girl and cleaned up the edges with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. And then popped her up with some foam tape to add dimension! 

Don't forget to add a touch of fun to the inside of your cards!! I adhered a strip of pattern paper and did a little third generation stamping for a couple of the spooky images for the inside using the adorable Little Boos stamp kit. A fun way to tie in the whole theme of the card and leave space to write to your recipient. I stamped the sentiment from the Creepy Spooky & Scary Itty Bitty stamp to finish off my card.

Third Generation Stamping is when you ink up your stamp, stamp the image twice on a scrap of paper, and then stamp it one last time for a lighter shade.

There's just a few days left to join in the fun over at the Unity Show & Tell group! I know Halloween is just a couple of days away but that doesn't mean we can't start working on our cards for next year!



Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.