Friday, March 8, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ Cuddlebug Owl ~ Sweet Birthday Card

Hello there! Today, I am sharing a sweet birthday card that I made for my niece. Isn't this adorable Cuddlebug Owl from Unity Stamp Company just the cutest you've ever seen!! I love it so much!
I have had this stamp on my desk for a long time just waiting for inspiration.


And finally inspiration came when I resolved to finish a paper pad I had laying around my desk. I thought this pretty pink star paper would pair nicely with the kraft paper in the paper pad and both of those would look very nice with a pink and purple owl. I trimmed the papers to fit on a top fold 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" white card base. I adhered the papers with mono multi purpose liquid glue 
and set the card aside.


I stamped the Cuddlebug Owl using Memento tuxedo black ink and started coloring using the following Copic markers ~ RV10, RV21, V0000, V04, V12, YR15, YR16, YR21, YR27. I die cut the owl with the Pleated Lace Rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I popped the die cut image up on the card using stampin' dimensionals. I then stamped the sentiment from the Hugs, Kisses & Birthday Wishes sentiment kit using VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment into a banner and adhered it to the card with a combination of stampin' dimensionals and liquid glue. My final touch for this card was some Sprinkled Sugar Stickles that I applied to the little heart on the owl. Aww... love how this turned out!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.