Friday, March 22, 2019

The Greeting Farm ~ Lovable Anya ~ HB2U

Hello there! Today, I'm sharing a card I made for my niece's birthday. The whole design and paper choices for this card are because of a challenge my friend, Bobbie Sue, shared and that was a challenge to use up those papers you have sitting around. Well, at first, I didn't like the idea! I am a paper hoarder! I love me some pretty papers! But after packing some of my papers for our move, I realized just how much paper I have and oh my goodness... it's time to let some go! So, I have been working this month, while I still have most of my craft space available, to use up papers in at least two different paper pads. It's really just a tiny bit in the whole scope of my paper hoard, but it's a start! So, I'm feeling pretty good about it!


With all that being said, the papers on my card base are from the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic paper pad. I also used the same cute papers to paper piece Lovable Anya from The Greeting Farm. Isn't she just too cute!?! She reminded me of my niece so I just had to ink her up! I had fun paper piecing all the cute papers to put her outfit together. For the focal image, I started by stamping Lovable Anya on a piece of white card stock and then masked her and stamped the HB2U sentiment from the HB2U Anya stamp set using Berry Sorbet ink from Papertrey Ink. I removed the mask and sadly discovered that the ink seeped through the mask... so plan B... I stamped Lovable Anya again on a scrap piece of white card stock and colored her (and the slice of cake) with the following Copic markers:
Skin ~ E000, E00, R20
Hair ~ E49, E57, E59
Cake ~ W00, W1, W2, R00, R05, R32
Cake Plate ~ G82, Colorless Blender


Once I had Lovable Anya colored and adhered all the paper pieces for her outfit, I fussy cut her out and adhered her to the background piece, along with the cake that I had also fussy cut. I wanted to frame the image so I die cut it twice. First, I had die cut the HB2U background piece before adhering Anya using the Pleated Lace Rectangle die by Gina Marie Designs. I then die cut another one from white card stock and die cut a rectangle out of the middle using a stitched rectangle die. Setting that piece aside for another future project. I adhered the framed piece onto the HB2U background piece using a liquid glue. I popped up the focal image onto the prepared card base. I was going to add an additional sentiment to the front of the card but decided against it since I didn't want to cover the focal image, so I left it as is. I love how this sweet card turned out! What do you think? Let me know below in the comments... I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.
Inky Hugs!
Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.