Friday, March 15, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ Crafty Supplies {Border Backgrounds} ~ Crafty Birthday!

Hello there! I have a quick birthday card to share today using Unity Stamp Company's Crafty Supplies {border backgrounds} along with the cute sentiment from the Martha Girl stamp kit.


I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform for this card since I knew I was going to use different distress oxide inks to ink up the background. I started by inking up the stamp with Mustard Seed. I cleaned off the stamp and inked it up with Peacock Feathers. I cleaned it off again and inked it up with Worn Lipstick. While inking up each of these different colors, I tried to just ink up a little portion of the stamp so the colors didn't overlap too much. Once the background was inked up, I die cut it using My Favorite Things Blueprint #20 dies... I love the combination of the scalloped rectangle and the stitched rectangle dies in the set.


I dried my background with my heat tool since I knew I was going to heat emboss the sentiment with black embossing powder and I didn't want the embossing powder to stick to the background image. I did use the Ranger anti-static pouch, as well. Since I wanted this to be a birthday card for a crafty friend I added the Happy Birthday from the 3 Tiered Birthday stamp by masking the bottom portion of the stamp and inking it up with VersaMark watermark ink onto black card stock and then heat embossing a fine white embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the background. I adhered the background to a slightly larger mat of black card stock and then adhered those layers to the turquoise scalloped layer. I then adhered the entire thing onto a white card base. I love how easy this card was to make and I hope my crafty friends... yes, I made extras!... love it, too!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal

3 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.