Thursday, December 6, 2018

Fall / Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop ~ Rubbernecker Stamps ~ Happy Holidays!


Hello! I'm sharing another card for the Fall/Winter 2018 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop... I am having so much fun creating! I've shared a couple other cards for this hop on my Instagram... if you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen them. If you don't follow me there, I invite you to check out my Instagram here ---> link to Crystal's Instagram


During the last Coffee Lovers Blog Hop... the Spring/Summer hop, I bought the sweet owls from Rubbernecker Stamps that was shared so much by others. I just adore these line of stamps by Rubbernecker Stamps! Love them! I knew I had to create at least one card for this hop with one of these cuties. I chose to ink up Garfield... those eyes! I just love this owl! He was so fun to color too! I used the following Copic markers ~ BG70, BG72, BG75, E30, E35, E37, Y11, Y21, YR15, YR27, YR68, Colorless Blender.

Now for the card... I die cut the birch tree die from Simon Says Stamp from a piece of white card stock and then die cut it again with a stitched rectangle die measuring 3-3/4" x 5". I then blended some Vintage Photo distress ink onto a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Kraft card stock being sure to keep the middle portion clean so it would appear lighter. Once that was done, I decided I wanted to add a layer of  Lost Lagoon card stock to the mix so I found an oval die (it was actually a stitched die, but the correct size was more important) that was larger than the birch tree die so that the Lost Lagoon layer would not show through my kraft layer. Clear as mud, lol! I hope that made sense. If not just ask for clarification in the comments. :) I adhered the birch tree layer to the Lost Lagoon layer and then popped it up on the Kraft layer using stampin' dimensionals. I then adhered the entire panel onto a white card base. I die cut Mr. Garfield and adhered him to the card.

It was time to figure out a sentiment... I wanted something for the Holidays and something kind of punny. I was thrilled to find the Happy Hoolidays stamp set from A Jillian Vance Design in my stash! (Sadly, it appears this stamp set is no longer available.) This set was perfect! I stamped the sentiment and then trimmed it into a banner and adhered it to the card. And then I got to thinking something was missing... the card needed something. I happened to look at my pile of recent Black Friday purchases and saw the Rina Snowflake die from Simon Says Stamp... perfect! I die cut it four times and adhered two each together and then adhered them to the card being sure to just adhere the centers so I could lift the edges of the snowflake to give them some dimension. I just love how this card turned out! I sure hope you do too!


Here's a close up of Mr. Garfield! Isn't he sweet!

I encourage you to check out the hop, if you haven't already. I always have a great time participating! There's still time to play along! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
~ Crystal

22 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love that adorable owl and matching sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors of the awesome owl. I like your dies and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute owl, wonderful colors and beautiful snowflakes. All together they make a fabulous card design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Crystal, he's ADORABLE. Such a great color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls rule!
    Darling card
    and love the
    Owl and saying.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling card. I love owls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal, how super adorable. I love this design, and the little own is too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOHH that diecut in the background is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! loooove this sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.