Thursday, September 20, 2018

You're Amazing!

Hello! A quick post today for the Inspired By Challenge #38 ~ Fall Foliage.


I was inspired by the fabulous colors in the challenge photo and also the cup or mug (not sure?) in the photo. I wanted to focus on the rich colors of Autumn with reds, oranges and yellows, but also include the browns. I love the rich brown in the scallop background piece poking out from the behind the watercolored washed background. I die cut the Large Scallop Stackers from Dark Chocolate card stock for that piece. 
I ran Canson XL watercolor paper through the big shot with the Papertrey Ink Book Print Impression Plate and then did a watercolor wash with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. I die cut the piece with the Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical dies also from Papertrey Ink. I adhered those layers to a Kraft card base and then set it aside.


I stamped the Tea Cup Floret by Graciellie Designs (sold by Unity Stamp Company) in Gina K's Black Amalgam ink. I heat set it with my heat tool and then colored it in with the same Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors I used on the background, but also used some browns and white for the cup, saucer, and coffee. I added some copper metallic thread to the bottom of the fussy cut image and then popped it up on the card. I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed some fine white embossing powder. I die cut it with a banner die, trimmed it, and adhered it to the card. I am loving how this one turned out!


The Inspired By Challenge just started today so I hope you also get a chance to play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Crystal! Very pretty card! Have you ever tried digital stamps??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! I have played a little bit with digital stamps. I’m pretty new to them.

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.