Sunday, May 28, 2017

CYCI159 - It's Your Birthday

Good Morning! This week I'm sharing a birthday card for the CYCI sketch challenge. I've been hoarding my packages of Inside the Lines designer paper from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration time earlier this year. I finally thought it was time to break open a package and do some coloring!




I decided to color with Copics... I was concerned at first that the colors weren't blending well, but I think it turned out nice. The paper is pretty thin so it did get very saturated and honestly felt wet, but it was fine when it dried. I had a blast coloring... it's always so calming and relaxing for me. Once I had the piece colored in, I used a stitched circle die to cut it and also cut out a piece of white card stock. I adhered the colored piece to a white card base. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Unity's So Glad You Were Born kit onto the stitched circle I had cut out. I popped the sentiment circle up using stampin' dimensionals and there it is!




 I can't wait to see what you create using this sketch as your inspiration!! Be sure to join our Facebook group so that you can see the Design Team creations and enter the challenge... Can You Case It? Challenge Group


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: So Glad You Were Born (Unity)
Card Stock: White (PTI)
Paper: Inside the Lines (retired SU!)
Inks: VersaMark (SU!)
Adhesives: Fast FuseStampin Dimensionals (SU!)
Tools: Stitched Circles (SSS)
Miscellaneous: Fine Black Embossing Powder (SSS)



 Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.
Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.