Friday, May 26, 2017

A Pirate Birthday... Argh!

A quick post to share the card that I made for my youngest son's 8th birthday. He's really loving Pirates right now. We've watched all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.




This was a fun card to make. I used a retired set from Stampin' Up!... Ahoy, Matey! I stamped the little pirate boy on white card stock and colored him in with Copic markers. I used some distress inks on kraft card stock to 'age' the paper a bit. I then stamped the other images with memento ink and colored those in with Copic markers too. I distressed the edges of the panel and adhered it to a kraft card base. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Unity's So Glad You Were Born kit onto a scrap piece of kraft card stock and then distressed the edges. I adhered the sentiment to the card using stampin' dimensionals. I fussy cut the pirate out and adhered him to the card also using stampin' dimensionals. A fun card to make and my son loved it!!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.