Friday, April 21, 2017

~ All Things Grow With Love ~

Just a quick post today to share my entry for the CASology Cue Card ~ Grow challenge.




I stamped the tree from Unity's Angie's Tree kit in Archival Jet black ink and heat set it so I could get right to watercoloring. I then stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed some fine black embossing powder. I used a few different Distress inks to watercolor by just smooshing them on my acrylic block and pulling the color with my water brush. I wanted the sentiment to stand out a bit so I watercolored with some Worn Lipstick ink and then used Hibiscus Burst card stock for my card base. Before adhering it to my card base I decided it needed something so I pulled out a couple of dies. I love the swirls that the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders give the edge and the way the card base pops out from behind giving some dimension even though it's just a simple one layer card. The top white piece needed just a little something so a few pink sequins finished it off perfectly!


 casology.blogspot.com


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Angie's Tree (Unity)
Card Stock: White, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Distress Oxide Inks: Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso, Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Seedless Preserves (SSS)


Go check out the challenge over at CASology... there's still some time to play along!!
Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.

~ Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.