Sunday, November 20, 2016

CYCI#141 Sketch Challenge Happy Birthday

As soon as I saw this sketch I knew I was going to flip it on the side! This was a fun sketch to play along with. There are so many different ways to play with it.




I originally planned to mask my card base and just do a super simple and clean card. Masking it didn't work the way I wanted it to so I decided to make the panel and then layer it on the card base. I stamped the image from a recent Stamp of the Week from Unity Stamp Company a few times in Versamark ink and then added black embossing powder and heat set it. Now for the fun part, I colored the flowers directly with the mini Distress Ink pads. Using the corner of the ink pad I did brush strokes painting the flowers. This was a scary way to color but once I got the hang of it, it was so much fun!! I blended a couple of other distress inks over the whole panel and then layered it on my card base. I was in need of a couple birthday cards so I decided to heat emboss the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Big Scripty Greetings set from Simon Says Stamp. To finish this card off I used some Robin's Nest dew drops that I've had in my stash forever!


 canyoucaseit.com


Isn't this sketch just the best... so many possibilities!! Stop by the Can You Case It website and check out all the wonderful creations from the Design Team. I hope that you will play along and don't forget our challenges run for two weeks now, so you have plenty of time to play along!!!


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Life Touches (Unity), Big Scripty Greetings (SSS)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze (SU!)
Adhesives: Fast Fuse (SU!)
Tools: heat gun


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


18 comments:

  1. I love your card Crystal. The coloring your did is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal I love the flower piece. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw... totally incredible! Love the color on the flowers. Gorgeous card! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, Your card is just beautiful! I especially like the stamped panel. It turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, this is absolutely stunning! The dew drops were perfect with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are stunning, Crystal!!! Total awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Crystal, your colours are dramatic too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors - they are bold, dramatic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.