Thursday, October 20, 2016

PCC215 Fall into Fall...


I love fall!! The changing of the leaves and the cooler weather... I just adore it! I knew when I saw the latest challenge at Paper Craft Crew that I just HAD to play along!



I stamped and heat embossed the leaves on watercolor paper. Then I decided I wanted a brown watercolored background. I wanted the leaves to pop a bit so I used Daffodil Delight and Really Rust to watercolor them. Then I decided I wanted to do something a little different...




I decided to Reverse Mask the leaves... not sure if that's a technique, but that's what I called it! I stamped all the leaves a couple of times on post it notes and then fussy cut them out. Then I had to make all the pieces fit without overlapping on the leaves so I had more cutting to do. It was a bit of work!




Once I had my background protected, I splattered away!! This part was fun and definitely made up for all the fussy cutting!! I splattered using Fun Stampers Journey silks in Cranberry Bliss, Gold, and Dark Roast. 




As you can see in this close-up, the splatter leaked a bit under the masks. I still love the way it turned out! I added some glossy dots that I had also colored with silks. A neat trick I learned from a crafty friend! I watercolor washed a scrap of watercolor paper using the Really Rust and Daffodil Delight inks again. Stamped and embossed the sentiment from Paisleys & Posies. Cut it out with a die and then cut out a larger piece in Early Espresso card stock. I had to trim the Early Espresso die cut to fit. I just needed to assemble the pieces. I adhered the watercolor panel to a piece of Really Rust card stock and adhered those to a card base of Early Espresso card stock. I added a bit of gold thread behind the sentiment using fast fuse and popped up the sentiment using stampin' dimensionals.


 papercraftcrew.com


I had a blast with this challenge!! I hope you will play along too!

Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Artsy Leaves (FSJ), Paisleys & Posies (SU!)
Card Stock: Watercolor paper, Early Espresso (SU!), Really Rust (retired SU!)
Inks: Black craft (retired SU!), Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight (SU!), Really Rust (retired SU!)
Adhesives: Stampin' DimensionalsFast Fuse (SU!)
Miscellaneous: Cranberry Bliss, Gold, Dark Roast silks, Journey Glaze (FSJ), Gold thread (SU!), 
Black embossing powder (retired SU!)

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Wow Crystal.. this is soooo beautiful! I love your reverse masking technique and those splatters are awesome! I have those silks on my wish list! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew this week! Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I love your watercoloring technique. Very nice! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete