Friday, June 17, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 23 ~ Curvy Girl with Holiday Gifts ~ Stamping Bella

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the {BYSHC} Sketch 23 from Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers and this week I was excited to finally ink up the beautiful Curvy Girl with Holiday Gifts from Stamping Bella!! Love this big beautiful stamp and she's been just sitting on my desk waiting to get inked up!


For this card I used pattern paper for all my layers. I used the Christmas in the Village Collection 6 x 6 paper pad from Bo Bunny. I meant to pick out my papers before coloring but then I forgot to so once I was done coloring I started looking through my paper stash and was so excited to find these papers that have all the colors I used in my coloring! SO lucky!! I chose complimentary papers from the pack for each layer and even went with the white pattern paper as my top layer. I love the soft print in the background... it just works so well with this beautiful image!


This beautiful girl was a dream to color up! So fun... I really enjoyed it! 
Here's my list of Copic markers for coloring up this image:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ E43, E44, E49
Holly & Berries ~ YG11, G24, G46, R20, R14, R27
Dress / Shoes ~ BG000, BG15, BG13, BG18, R20, R14, R27
Polka Dot Gift ~ RV00, RV02, RV06, RV66, Y11, Y06, Y15, Y28
Pink Gifts ~ RV10, RV21, RV14, Y11, Y06, Y15, Y28
Green Gift ~ YG11, G24, G46, R20, R14, R27


The sketch only calls for one layer but I wanted to use both the red and teal papers so I decided to use the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies} from Unity to cut my layers so that I could have some of both papers in my background layers... it really helps to bring the reds and teals from the colored image to the forefront. And then the banner with the ornaments helps to coordinate all the colors together. I added a few enamel dots from the Coffee Enamel Dots from Echo Park Paper Co. to finish off my card. It just worked out perfectly! Love when that happens!


Here's another look at this month's {BYSHC} Sketch 23! I hope you've found some inspiration for the sketch or maybe just been inspired to make a Christmas card. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing cards from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with one last Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.