Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Summer Memory Dex Cards

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today I'm sharing a few Summer themed memory dex cards that I've created for my spinner to keep track of the birthdays in my life, be it family or friend. I've been struggling this year with sending out birthday cards... not sure if it's just a 2020 thing, but I got to thinking that it sure would be handy to have a way to keep track of those birthdays in a more efficient way.


So I happened to have some Summer themed papers on my desk and I got to thinking that I'd just start with those!! I also had the new fabulous Barn Create-A-Dex die on my desk... so naturally, I used it!! I started by die cutting the stitched barn die from the pretty papers. I used a piece from the Strawberry Fields paper pad, the Rustic Watermelon paper pad, and the Golden Beach paper pad. And then I also pulled out my ephemera pieces... Strawberry Fields ephemera and Rustic Watermelon ephemera (looks like that is sold out). I didn't have any Golden Beach ephemera so I just cut a bunch of images out of two different patterned papers. I just love how easy these cards came together. Let's have a closer look...


I used a red card stock from my stash for the memory dex card base. I adhered the beautiful Strawberry Field patterned paper that I had die cut with the stitched barn die. Then I adhered the leaves and jam jar ephemera pieces. I popped up the strawberry ephemera piece with foam squares and then I just trimmed June from an old calendar set that I had from a couple of years ago. I mat it on the same red card stock and adhered it to the card. I wanted to add a bit of ribbon and decided to just punch a couple holes in the card and tie the bow through there... it was pretty easy. I'm going to die cut another piece of red card stock with the base die and adhere it to the back just to make the whole card a little more stable.


I also added a little Nuvo aqua shimmer to the strawberry ephemera piece. You can see a little bit of the sparkle in this photo.


For my July memory dex card, I die cut a base of black card stock and then adhered the pretty Rustic Watermelon patterned paper. I also die cut the red heart from that same paper (it's the other side of the double sided patterned paper). I covered up the black hole with the cute ephemera pieces and the red patterned paper heart. I also punched a couple holes in the card and added a bit of white baker's twine. And to finish this one off, I added a few white enamel dots... oh, and a little sparkle to the watermelon slice in the gnomes hand with the Nuvo aqua shimmer pen. I'm also going make this one a bit more sturdy by die cutting another black base.


And my last card... which just may be my favorite! My base for this one uses my all time favorite card stock... Tempting Turquoise. I adhered the pretty star fish patterned paper from the Golden Beach paper pad to the base and adhered the bikini, life preserver, and sunblock bottle directly to the card. I then popped up the flip flops and seashell. I mat 'August' with the same turquoise card stock and adhered it to the card.


I also added some shimmer to the flip flops and the seashell. I wish it showed up better in the photos. So now I have three memory dex cards done!! Woo hoo! I think I'll do the Fall months using papers from the September 2020 FOTM Card Kit Orchards & Patches. I'll try to remember to share them in the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share group. Well, that's it for me this week! I'll see you next Friday for my sneak peek of the new October kit!! You are going to love love love it!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.