Friday, May 22, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Glitter Lace Butterflies and More!!

Hello there crafty friend!
Today, I'm sharing a couple of cards using products from the A La Carte section of the Scrapping for Less shop! Anyone else obsessed with butterflies?! I love them! Today I'm sharing the Lace Butterfly die by Gina Marie Designs that is available in the shop here ---> Lace Butterfly die.


I die cut the beautiful butterfly several times from the DCWV Single-Sided Glitter card stock in all the colors of the rainbow!! I decided for this card to use the turquoise glitter butterfly... it looks so lovely over the Insulation Pink card stock.


I applied some beautiful Glitter Glaze from Brutus Monroe over the Coffee Dot stencil by Echo Park. I think the Nuvo Frostbite Glacier Paste would give a similar look and it's in the shop here ---> Nuvo Frostbite Glacier Paste. So much glittery goodness!! I wish the pictures did it justice!


I trimmed the Insulation Pink card stock to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" and adhered a Scalloped Stitched Rectangle frame by Gina Marie Designs that I die cut from white card stock. If you don't have a scalloped stitched rectangle frame in your stash, there's one in the shop here that is just slightly smaller than the one I used ---> Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Hexagon Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die... and it has that cool hexagon too! I stamped the 'Live Your Best Life!' sentiment from the Your Best Life Collection in the April 2020 City Streets and Country Roads card kit with Memento Tuxedo black ink and die cut it with a banner die. I trimmed it down and popped it up on the card.


To finish off the card, I added three cute flower sequins to the body of the glitter butterfly... it is so enchanting in person!!! Truly beautiful combined with the glitter butterfly!


Now, remember I die cut a whole bunch of these glitter butterflies... let me tell you there was glitter everywhere!!! But a handy tip for cleaning that up is using Swiffer Sweeper dry cloths. I was able to clean up everything with just one cloth... they are super sturdy and hold a lot of glitter!


For my second card, I wanted to make a slimline card that looked like the butterflies were flying in the clouds. I made a little video showing the ink blending and assembly of the card. You can check that out here...




I hope that you've enjoyed the cards I shared today! Be sure to check out all the fabulous items available in the A La Carte section of the shop! You can restock those consumables you've used up in the kit or find some other must have goodies to help enhance your card kit creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.