Friday, April 17, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ A Farmhouse Spring Card Kit ~ Butterfly Stencil

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a few more cards using the wonderful A Farmhouse Spring card kit from Scrapping for Less! I really wanted to play with the beautiful Butterfly Stencil that's included in the Banana Split subscription... have you seen the lovely cards being created by the Design Team with this stencil?! So inspiring!! Mine was slightly delayed in arriving but now I have it and I couldn't wait to play!!


What do you think?! Pretty cute cards if I do say so myself! I started by blending Picket Fence Distress ink over the stencil onto a card front of Spearmint, Cotton Candy, and Grapesicle card stock. I then die cut the card fronts with a few different rectangle dies in my stash... just to change things up so they weren't all the same. I adhered those to white card bases from my stash.


And then I blended some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink over a scrap of white card stock and die cut it with a circle die. I die cut three scalloped circles from the vellum paper... one for each card and then die cut three more scalloped circles from the Spearmint, Cotton Candy, and Grapesicle card stock. 


I set all of those pieces aside and blended some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink over the Butterfly Stencil. It wasn't quite the right shade of purple but I tried to keep it light and I think it works pretty well. 


I then blended a few different green oxide inks and decided that Cracked Pistachio was the closest to coordinating with the Spearmint green. I die cut the purple butterflies and the green butterflies and then stamped the Hello Spring sentiment on each of the circles with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then adhered all of my circle layers.


Now at this point, I had decided on my design for the card but it needed something. I decided to add a banner strip of black card stock from my stash to make the sentiment pop just a bit more on the cards.


Here's another look at the three cards together... I really love how they turned out! I hope you do too!


I have one more bonus card to share. When I was finishing up the trio of cards above, I had an idea for this card. It's a pretty simple design. Just some ink blending with the same three colors I used on the first three cards, but I did mask some of the stencil so that the butterflies looked like they'd be flying out of the sentiment. The sentiment is from the Hello Spring stamp set and I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I had an extra piece of Cotton Candy card stock in my stash so I mat the main panel with that. I then adhered the panel to a white card base. And to finish it off, I added a few of the sequins that were also included in the Banana Split subscription.

I hope that I've inspired you to get inky with your card kit!! And if you don't have this lovely card kit to play with, I believe that there are a few more left in the shop so go get one before they are all gone!! You will love it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

4 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.