Friday, November 15, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Kaisercraft Silver Bells Tags ~ Gift Card Holder Using Tags

Hello there crafty friends!
 Today I'm sharing a fun idea for prepackaged tags... a Gift Card Holder Tag Card...? Well, I'll need to work on the name... lol...but basically I made a couple of super cute and fun interactive cards using the beautiful Kaisercraft Silver Bells Tags and they are holding a gift card!! Let's have a look... 


Aren't these just beautiful?! I love how they turned out! I found that the Simple Stories Country Christmas papers paired up well with the Silver Bells Tags... similar colors and styles, even though one is vintage and the other is country... lol. We're mixing it up!


First, I cut my layers of patterned paper and adhered them to a red card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then adhered the card front to a white card base. I trimmed the red mat piece for the tag to 2-1/4 x 3-1/2" and punched a hole using my ancient Crop-a-Dile allowing me to use the included string... so the recipient could pull the tag using the string. I was just going to adhere the gift card directly to that piece but then I got to thinking that it would be fun to have a piece of card stock across the card and then have the tag tuck in behind it. So, I cut another piece of the red card stock the same size and adhered it to the back of the tag being careful to only adhere the top portion so I had an opening on the bottom to tuck. I cut the red card stock to go across the card and die cut it with a scalloped stitched border die. I adhered it to the card using a strong scor-tape being careful to only add the tape to either side of the card stock so I'd have an opening to tuck the gift card behind.


And then I stamped and heat embossed a surprise sentiment behind the tag!! So fun! I used the My Favorite Things Bitty Holiday Wishes for the sentiment. I stamped it with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder.


Here you can see the other side of the tag where I've adhered the gift card using glue dots.


Here's the second card that I made using all the same steps as the first card only with the other style of tag and different patterned papers from the same Simple Stories Country Christmas paper pad. I also changed up the card stock to coordinate with the aqua colors in this tag.


I forgot to mention above that I tied some white baker's twine around the string of the tags. I thought it was a fun way to add a bit of white to the tag.


I tried to coordinate my gift cards to the colors of the cards... lol. I couldn't believe I still have my Amazon gift card from last Christmas! Guess who's going shopping!?!


This picture shows the opening between the card stock layers that makes it possible to tuck the tag on the card. I know sometimes that a visual can help so I wanted to share this too.


I sure hope that you've enjoyed the cards I shared today and that they've inspired you to get creative with your designs!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.