Saturday, August 17, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Lawn Fawn ~ Critters Down Under

 Hello there crafty friends!
 I'm here today with a sweet baby card using the adorable Critters Down Under stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I couldn't resist also using the Kraft & Gold cardstock stack from DCWV again... love these papers!!


My card design today uses the fabulous sketch over at Mojo Monday Sketch challenge 520... only I turned the sketch on the side and moved the sentiment up to make my design work. I do love a good sketch! And this one was perfect for my card today! 




Along with the fun Kraft & Gold papers I used the Fall Breeze papers from Photo Play... they coordinated beautifully! Since I knew I was doing a baby card, I chose the foiled hearts paper to adhere to my card base. I then used the Fall Breeze patterned papers and mat them on Lost Lagoon card stock from my stash. I die cut a cross stitched circle using the Large Cross Stitched Circle dies from Lawn Fawn and built my scene of stamped and colored images on the circle.


Here's a close up of the little scene I created. I used the following Copic markers for my card:
Platypus ~ BG000, BG70, BG72, BG75, YR15, YR16, YR21, E55, E57
Tree ~ E55, E57, E59, YG11, G24, G99
Egg ~ YR21, YR30, BG72, BG75

I had so much for with this sketch that I decided to do a second card...


This time I kept the sketch upright and used the sweet Koala Doodlepop for my focal image. I used Dark Chocolate and New Leaf card stock for my layers and of course, I had to use a bit more of the fabulous Kraft & Gold papers!! The sentiment is actually from the Critters Down Under set, however, it actually says 'hoppy birthday' so I changed the 'o' into an 'a' just using my Memento tuxedo black marker. Easy peasy!!


In the close up photo you can really see that beautiful shine in the gold foil stripes of the paper! Love it! Well, that's it for me today... I sure hope that you've enjoyed my cards for today!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal



2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.