Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ MFT Springtime Critters

Hello! Today I'm sharing some cute critter cards that I made using the My Favorite Things Springtime Critters stamp set and leftover patterned paper and card stock from the June 2018 At the Beach card kit. If you are a member of the Scrapping for Less Show & Share group on Facebook, you'll notice that my first card is a variation of the sketch challenge going on in the group this month.


I love the flexibility in a fun sketch and this one is no different! I'm a bit of a rebel when it comes to sketches and I like to flip them... just to change things up a bit. :) 
Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't. In this case, I think it turned out pretty cute. I die cut the layers for each of my cards and adhered them to my white card bases.


I stamped the critters out twice each using memento tuxedo black ink and colored all of the images. Coloring all of them gave me the opportunity to pick the ones I like better as far as the color blending went... but it also gave me an opportunity to cut pieces and pop them up. 


You can see some of the dimension that popping up the bunny's head gave to this card.


The white oval piece behind the critters has a bit of Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn distress ink that I blended lightly with the new Tim Holtz blending brush. You can see it just slightly in the photos. My final touch was the sentiments. I decided to do strips for the frog and bunny card... I like the way it breaks up the front panel. For the turtle card, I decided to do a banner with the side cut off so it didn't take up too much room and take away from the little turtle.

Here's a look at the MFT Springtime Critters stamp set.


You can find it in the shop here ---> Springtime Critters.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.