Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Inspired By Challenge ~ Home is Where They Love You!

Hello! I'm sharing a fun CAS card with a bit of watercoloring today.
The Inspired By Challenge featured a sweet little camper and I just had to play along.


Isn't that just the sweetest inspirational picture?! I knew I had one or two camper stamps from Unity Stamp Company that would be perfect for this card. So I decided to use the Love at Home Itty Bitty stamp set because it had the trees.


I've been having some fun making CAS {Clean & Simple} cards for the challenge in the Unity Show & Tell facebook group so I thought I'd have a go at making a CAS watercolor card. It was kind of hard to keep the watercolor in that one part of the card to keep the rest of the card 'clean', but I think it turned out ok. But back to my initial inspiration... I pulled the yellows and blue/turquoise color from the inspiration to use on the camper. Since the scene included the moon and stars, I just had to make a night sky which challenged me to work on my lighting. I tend to just keep my light source to the right in all of my coloring so it was interesting to work with the light source being the moon/stars and also the lights from inside the camper. A challenge but also a fun learning experience... can't get much better than that! 

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


4 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.