Monday, June 25, 2018

Inspired By Challenge ~ Backyard BBQ

Hello! I'm playing along with the Inspired By Challenge ~ Backyard BBQ.
When I saw the inspiration for this challenge I was hooked... I just cut pockets off of some of my old jeans to hoard for a project that I've had in mind since I got the jeans. Honestly, the pretty pockets was the whole reason I bought the jeans. LOL! 
One of these days, I'll get to that project but for today I'm sharing a card that I created inspired by the picture below.


Isn't this a fun image?! I was really drawn to the colors - blue, red and white, but I also liked the wood in the background. So I grabbed some of my paper packs from The Paper Studio to find just the right papers. I decided to go with Against the Grain... the colors and the wood texture in the paper was perfect!


I stamped the pocket from Unity Stamp Company's Pocket and Patches set using VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed a fine black embossing powder. I fussy cut the pocket out and set it aside. 
I cut a white doily in half and folded it up to add behind the pocket. I then die cut the tab from Americana card stock from Papertrey Ink using the My Favorite Things Blueprint 15. I blended some Vintage Photo distress ink to the tab and then stapled it to the pocket. I adhered the doily to the back of the pocket and set it aside. 
I stamped the heart from the Pocket and Patches set on white card stock using Americana ink and then blended some Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges. I fussy cut it out and stapled it to the pocket. 
I die cut the zig zag dots directly on my kraft card base and adhered a strip of white card stock behind it. I die cut another piece of kraft card stock with the stitched rectangle die in the same Blueprint 15 die set. I popped that up on the card base and then popped up the pocket on that layer.
I stamped the sentiment on kraft card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and cut around the sentiment. I colored in the heart with a R27 copic marker and then blended some Vintage Photo around the edges. I adhered the right side of the sentiment with some liquid glue and popped up the left side.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

6 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.