Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spring Tag ~ Unity Challenge ~ Beautiful Soul

Hello! I wanted to share this beautiful tag that I made for the Unity Spring Tag challenge over in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group.


I started off by stamping the owl from Unity's Layers of Life kit called What You Really Love with Versamark ink and heat embossing an ultra fine white embossing powder. And then I got inky! I blended some Tattered Rose and Shaded Lilac distress oxide inks on a manila tag that I received with my Kit of the Month order from Unity. Once I was done blending those colors I stamped an image from another Layers of Life kit... this one is called Within Each of Us. I stamped the image a few times in Antique Linen distress oxide ink. It's hard to see in the picture but it gives a bit of dimension to the background.


Then I decided to add some texture, so I grabbed one of my Tim Holtz mini stencils (set 5) and Mother of Pearl Nuvo mousse. The mousse gives the piece texture and a beautiful shine. I stamped the owl image again on white card stock and blended some Worn Lipstick distress oxide ink over the flower. I fussy cut it out and set it aside. I added some gold thread to the tag adhering it to the back of the tag. I then applied some Multi Medium Matte to the back of the manila tag and adhered it to a Tim Holtz Etcetera Thickboard tag. I decided I wanted to lighten up the thickboard tag to keep it with the Spring theme and the light colors. I painted the edges of the tag with white acrylic paint and then I smooshed the paint brush around the edges to give it a bit of distressed look. Since I had the white acrylic paint out, I decided to also paint the reinforcer white.


I stamped the sentiment from the What You Really Love kit using Shaded Lilac distress oxide ink directly on the tag. I added some dew drops... I even added a couple to the owls eyes. I adhered the reinforcer to the top of the tag and added some ribbons. I also adhered the fussy cut flower. 


My final touch was a sentiment. This part took me the longest because this tag that started out as a piece to enter into a challenge turned into a gift for a friend that is facing some important medical tests this week. I wanted the sentiment to fit her and I knew when I saw the Floral Soul {textured feelings} kit that "beautiful SOUL" was THE sentiment. I stamped it on vellum card stock using Shaded Lilac distress oxide ink and heat embossed some clear embossing powder to make it shine. I trimmed around the sentiment and added adhesive behind the letters so it didn't show through the vellum card stock.

 I just love how this turned out! I hope that it brings joy and love to my friend. 

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.