Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Sealed With a Kiss Valentine

Hello! Today I'm sharing a cute Valentine's card idea using up some of my leftover Christmas papers. 


I just had to use these cute stitchy heart papers from the October Flavor of the Month kit that I still have in my stash and there just happens to still be one Single Scoop October FOM kit available... here. Don't fret, if you missed out on that kit or if you'd just rather get the Lawn Fawn Knit Picky papers, they are also available... here.


I paired up those cute papers with the Lawn Fawn Sealed With a Kiss stamp set {also available in the store... here} for a quick and simple Valentine's card that I think turned out pretty cute. To start, I cut the papers and had a pretty good idea of where they would fit on the card so I went ahead and stamped the little seals and the sentiment on the card with Memento Tuxedo black ink. I colored in the seals using copic markers {N0, N1, N2, N3, N4, RV11} and then I colored the ground also using copic markers {B0000 and B00}. I adhered the papers to the top of the white card front and then die cut it out using the Large Cross-Stitched Rectangle Stackables die. I then popped up the card front with foam tape adhering it to a white card base. I added the twine as an afterthought so I was thinking I would share how I did that.


I had this strip of watercolor paper left over from a project so I punched a little hole in one end to turn it into a paper needle of sorts.  


The watercolor paper is a heavier weight so it stays pretty straight while running it under the layer of card stock.


It's just long enough to reach the end of my A2 card so I can grab it and pull it through.


Now all that's left is making a little bow.


And there you have a little tutorial on adding twine, thread, or ribbons after you've added a layer. I also have another 'needle' that I made using left over acetate that has a point on one end. I use that one for tighter areas that may be a bit more tricky to get through. I sure hope that this little tutorial was a help. I'd love to hear if you have a similar 'tool' in your crafty space or maybe you have an even better little 'tool'... let me know in the comments.

 Anywho, I think this card mixing a little Christmas with Valentine's turned out pretty cute!


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.