Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Our Story ~ Framed Art for my Daughter

Hello! Today, I have another project using up some of those Christmas papers. I don't know about you, but I seriously went overboard with all the Christmas papers. I have quite an abundance still leftover so I thought it would be great to use some of the papers up doing projects not necessarily for Christmas.



I had started out making this as a card front, but at some point I decided it would be super cute if I framed it and put it up in my daughters room. It looks just like her cuddled up with a few books reading by the fireplace... maybe with hot cocoa instead of coffee though. 



I started out by making my walls using some scraps from the Doodlebug Milk & Cookies papers. The floor was made using some scraps I had in my stash... I'm not sure what brand it's from. I adhered these pieces on a 6 x 4" piece of white card stock. I have a bunch of die cut pieces leftover in my Doodlebug Odds & Ends Milk & Cookies and the fireplace came from that... only I didn't use the whole piece because it was just too big and it had stockings hanging from the mantel so I cut out the inner part of the fireplace and adhered it to my 'brick' wall. Now came the fun part, stamping all the images from the My Favorite Things Our Story stamp set. I stamped them all on white card stock using Memento Tuxedo black ink because I knew I would be coloring them with my copic markers. I also stamped a bunch of images onto leftover papers from the Milk & Cookies paper pack so that I could paper piece some of the furniture. I used the colors from the the papers to color the books and the little girls pajamas and cup. I decided to fussy cut all the images because I didn't want the white edge around the images, but I think this would still be cute if you used the coordinating dies and cut the images out that way. I adhered all the images onto the scene and once it was dry I added it to this simple black frame. I think it turned out so cute! I hope my daughter likes it too.

The Copic Markers I used: Skin ~ E50, E51, E53; Hair/End Table/Chair Legs/Shelf ~ E55, E57; Book ~ E34, E37, E39; Pajamas ~ RV0000, RV11, RV21; Dog ~ N0, N1, N7; Cat ~ YR0000, YR15, YR24, YR27, YR68; Plant ~ YR0000, YR15, YG61, YG63; Cup ~ BG10, BG32; Book Stack/Books on Shelf ~ variation of all the colors listed above.


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




2 comments:

  1. I love this framed art❤️ Absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable. I love the scene you created. It is so cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.