Sunday, July 2, 2017

CYCI163 - We Salute You!

Hello again! I have a patriotic card for you today. I had planned on making something else but just yesterday I received this beautiful Angie's Girl from Unity Stamp Company called America Girl! I just had to ink her up! 




I stamped America Girl in VersaMark ink and heat embossed her with fine silver embossing powder. I then used Ken Oliver's Color Burst in Alizarin Crimson and Ultramarine Blue to make my watercolored background. I'll admit, it was difficult keeping the red and blue from becoming purple, but I think I did okay. In the picture the red kind of looks pink but it's really more red in person. I die cut the watercolor panel using My Favorite Things Blueprints #31. I then added some Pure Platinum Nuvo Mousse over a star stencil I have from Stampin' Up! I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with fine silver embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment and cut out a banner by hand. I then adhered it to the watercolor panel. I decided to also die cut a piece of Brushed Silver card stock using the same Blueprints #31 die set. I offset those two pieces and adhered them to a true black card base using stampin' dimensionals.




Here's a picture that shows the shine on the America Girl and the stars.




 I can't wait to see what you create using this fun color combo as your inspiration!! Be sure to join our Facebook group so that you can see the Design Team creations and enter the challenge... Can You Case It? Challenge Group

 Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.