Sunday, June 25, 2017

CYCI162 - It's a Mermaid Birthday!

Hello! It's been awhile... our family has been in the process of moving so all my crafty stuff has been partially packed. I finally have my desk set up and some crafty supplies... so I'm back! We're celebrating our daughter's 5th birthday this weekend. I decided to use the CYCI sketch challenge for a quick birthday card. She loved it!




I had the die cut piece already in my stash. I added some blues and purples to it using distress inks and oxide inks with a blending tool. I stamped and heat embossed the images onto distress watercolor card stock. I used my ZIGs to color the images. I also added a touch of glitter to the mermaid using a Clear Wink of Stella pen. I fussy cut all the images and adhered them along with the die cut onto a white card base. I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment directly on the card base. 




 I can't wait to see what you create using this fun sketch as your inspiration!! Be sure to join our Facebook group so that you can see the Design Team creations and enter the challenge... Can You Case It? Challenge Group


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Just Keep Swimming (LC), Number of Years (SU!)
Card Stock: White (PTI), Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor (SSS)
Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multipurpose (SSS)
Tools: Heat Tool (SU!), Striped Scallop die (retired SU!)


 Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.