Sunday, March 12, 2017

CYCI149 - Yay... a Sketch!


Yay! It's time for a CYCI Sketch Challenge... I've missed them! Don't get me wrong... I've loved the color challenges, but there's a whole different challenge to a sketch challenge. We have a fun sketch from Rose this week! Let's get to it... 




I had mentioned before that I'm sending a card to my Mom each week. I realized this week that my stash was gone so I needed to make a card asap to send to her and I thought this sketch was perfect. I was reorganizing some of my stamps and found this stamp from Papertrey Ink called Botanical Blocks that was ideal for this sketch. I inked up the rose and the sunflower from this set, but decided to go with the rose for this card. I pulled out my watercolors and had some fun coloring this. I used some white gel pen on the flower that I softened up with my water pen. I had never tried that before but I like the soft white effect that it made. I also added some clear Wink of Stella here and there on the flower. I cut out the framed piece and started looking for a paper that coordinated well with it... that took a few minutes, but I ended up finding a piece that would work from a retired pack of Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper. I used some crocheted 'ribbon' and a bauble from the retired Artisan Embellishment kit. I stamped the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo black ink. For a final touch, I added some broken black lines to kind of frame the whole card.




Here's a close up picture of the flower. You can see the softened white from the gel pen. It almost has a chalk like look to it. You can also see the shimmer from the Wink of Stella. It's really much prettier in person. :)




I can't wait to see what you create using this sketch as your inspiration!! Be sure to join our new Facebook group so that you can enter the challenge... Can You Case It? Challenge Group and go check out all the creations by the CYCI design team!


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Botanical Blocks (PTI)
Card Stock: white (PTI), Distress Watercolor (SSS), Raspberry Tart (retired SU!)
Miscellaneous: Clear Wink of Stella (SU!), Artisan Embellishment kit (retired SU!), Sakura Gelly Roll StardustKuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors (Amazon)



Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Crystal, this card makes me smile just looking at it - I am sure your mom loved it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.