Sunday, September 4, 2016

CYCI#136 Sketch Challenge


I'm almost speechless while writing this blog post, which isn't good when you're writing a blog post! :)
I was absolutely blown away when Eva asked me to join the CYCI Design Team. I'm so very honored to be a part of this team of amazing paper crafters and artists.




The challenge this week at canyoucaseit.com is CYCI#136 Sketch Challenge.
I love all the layers for this sketch! It was perfect for a Color Burst watercolor piece that I had done a bit ago. I just knew I had to use it! I used Lime Green, Orchid, and Fuchsia from Ken Oliver's Color Burst collection on a large piece of watercolor paper. 
I cut the watercolored piece out with Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Stitched Rectangles. I stamped the sentiment from Unity's Have a Little Faith kit in white craft ink and embossed it with detail white embossing powder from Stampin' Up! 
I wanted the stitching to show a bit better so I added some white gel pen and wiped off the excess to soften the white. I used a heart die from Stampin' Up!'s Snowflake Card Thinlits Die set. I colored the edge of the heart with the white gel pen and popped it up with dimensionals. I tied some white twine from Stampin' Up! and added a little bow.
 For my other two layers I adhered a piece of Whisper White card stock on Kraft cardstock and then used Cucumber Crush, Elegant Eggplant, and Melon Mambo SU! markers to splatter the background. I adhered the splattered background to a card base of Thick Whisper White card stock. The last touch was adding my focal piece and I popped that up with dimensionals. 


 canyoucaseit.com

I really hope you like my creation inspired by this week's challenge. Come play along with us at canyoucaseit.com.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


16 comments:

  1. Crystal, I love how bright and colorful your card is and also how you cut out and offset the heart. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your design team debut, Crystal!! And I love how we thought alike this week with these Color bursts!!! Lovely background color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! I know... we loves our color bursts!! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome way to get started Crystal!! Beautiful card! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, thanks for being a part of cyci! welcome to the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva! Never would have happened without your encouragement. :)

      Delete
  5. Crystal, love your colorful background and those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally deserve it and you ROCKED it! Love that color burst background and super love that you cut that little heart out and offset it back on the background. Splatters are awesome too! I just adore this card Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the team Crystal - Great card to kick off with. Love that background and how you've punched out that heart to accent with. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to CYCI :)
    I love your background! That's the perfect color mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crystal, love the background you created. I also love how you die cut the heart out of it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet card! I love the heart cut out the most. And welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.