Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Membership Wednesday ~ July 2026 BOM Daisy Defined ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
Happy Membership Wednesday! Today I'm sharing a little inspiration for the fun Color Challenge that the Friends of Unity are hosting in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group. Red, White & Blue is the color combo and I wondered how it would look with the fab Background of the Month stamp from Unity!


I started with my background for this one. I debated back and forth and back and forth and just finally went with red only for my background. I felt like if I did blue and red on the background maybe it would be too 4th of July-like. I used Candied Apple and Barn Door Distress Inks for my ink smooshing.

My card design was inspired by TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 45 that just started yesterday in the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group. I'm having fun with this sketch already!


I adhered the ink smooshed background to a light blue card base. And then I stamped the Daisy Defined background stamp on white card stock with Black Amalgam ink. I looked at it for a really long time trying to decide what to do. Haha... like really long. I walked away and folded the towels in the dryer. I needed a minute to focus on something else. When I came back I had the idea to color the daisies with a touch a blue but keep them mostly white. I really like how they turned out. There's also the tiniest hint of yellow in the center and green on the stems. Copic Markers used: C0, C2, B000, B00, B02, Y000, G000.


I stamped the daisies again on another piece of white card stock and ink smooshed them with the same two red distress inks. I die cut them with the largest die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. I fussy cut the colored daisies on the line and colored the edges with a black marker. And then I paper pieced them onto the ink smooshed circle. The ink smooshed layers needed something in between to break them up so I die cut a circle of the light blue card stock using a slightly larger circle die from my stash. I cut a banner from the light blue card stock and then fussy cut the sentiment and adhered them onto the circle and then I popped up the whole thing on the card with foam tape.



Here's a look at the Background of the Month membership stamps. This fabulous stamp is also available as a one-time purchase if you're not interested in the monthly membership


That's it for me today! I hope you've been INKspired to play with your membership stamps! 
Have a fabulous day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.