Friday, July 26, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Winter Cardinal ~ Pink & Main

 Hello there crafty friend!
I couldn't help myself I'm sneaking in another card for the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party! So I've played with this adorable Winter Cardinals Stamp Set from our lovely Sponsor Pink & Main a couple of times now. And I'm happy to say that with this card, I have stamped all of the adorable cardinals! How fun is that!? It's not often that I stamp every stamp from a stamp set.


I stamped the adorable cardinal using Memento Tuxedo Black ink in my mini misti with the Pressure Pal from our awesome Sponsor Twiddler's Nook. I love this tool! It comes in handy when my hands are hurting. I colored up the adorable Winter Cardinals using my Copic markers and die cut it using the X Stitched Circle die from our lovely Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Unfortunately, I'm not finding this awesome die set on the website. I mat the cardinal with a black circle but it was in my file folder of black card stock. No idea what I used to die cut it though I would guess I used the Nesting Circles Dies from Sponsor Waffle Flower.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Cardinal: R20, R14, R46, C00, C1, C3, YR15
Scarf: C00, C1, C3, YG11, G24, G46
Holly: YG11, G24, G46, R20, R14, R46
Snow: C00, C1, C3


I'm also playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today! Red and Green are so perfect for a Christmas card! This fun challenge is open until July 29th, if you want to play along! 


The fun background was created using two dies from Pink & Main. I die cut New Leaf card stock from Papertrey Ink using the Plaid Cover Die Panel A. And then I die cut Pure Poppy card stock from Papertrey Ink using the Plaid Cover Die Panel B. These fabulous dies also come at a bit of a discount in a bundle called the Plaid Cover Dies Bundle. I adhered them over the front of a black A2 card base of True Black card stock also from Papertrey Ink using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from our fab Sponsor Therm O Web.


I found a scrap of black card stock that was the width I was looking for but wasn't quite the length so I just cut it in half. I heat embossed the sentiment on the bottom piece. I prepped the card stock using the TE Anti-Static Powder Tool from Sponsor Taylored Expressions. And then I stamped the sentiment using the Sugar Cube White Pigment Ink from Taylored Expressions. I added some Alabaster White Embossing Powder and melted the powder with my Wagner Precision heat tool. I actually forgot to wipe away the excess powder... that's why it's so visible in the photo. Ugh. No time to redo! So just imagine it's all cleaned off. ;)


 I adhered the wide strip of black card stock on the top and bottom of the card and then I used iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white) from our lovely Sponsor Therm O Web to pop the cardinal circle up on the card. I finished off the card with three green Flat Back Rhinestones from Sponsor Twiddler's Nook.


My card design is inspired by a past sketch... the {BYSHC} Sketch 26. This is a classic sketch! I thought it would be perfect with this fun background and the circle focal image.


Have you stopped by the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared?! I've been inspired by so many of the cards! That's why I just had to make so many extras! LOL! I sure hope you'll stop by and check it out! Have an ink-credible day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

16 comments:

  1. I love how the colours pop on the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little cardinal! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chubby little cardinal is as cute as can be and the brightly colored dies in the background give your card such a festive look! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cardinal is beyond cute, perfect focal point for this festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. Love the little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plump cardinal is just adorable, and the sketch you used showcases him perfectly! I've never seen the Pink and Main plaid dies in action, but the bright red and green are gorgeous against the black cardstock! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously, I love this set (I have it, I used it & I'm a bird nerd! lol). Love the plaid BG on black for that awesome pop. Simply beautiful, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this one is just absolutely darling, Crystal. This background is super fun too! Thanks for linking up once more at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.