Monday, November 27, 2023

Merry Christmas Card ~ Happy Winter ~ The Greeting Farm

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm wrapping up my guest designing for the month of November for the The Greeting Farm!! This month has seriously flown by! I have a fun holiday card featuring the adorable Happy Winter Digi Set! If you missed my first card as a guest designer for The Greeting Farm, you can check it out here... Fairy Anya. And if you missed seeing my second card for TGF, you can check it out here... Angel Anya.


I had so much fun building a scene for my fairy card earlier this month that I wanted to play some more with my digi stamps. I just happened to get the new Happy Winter Digi Set so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to play. I combined and resized all the digis into a Word Document. I like to play with sizing and then print off a quick draft {an option on my printer to print with less ink} on copy paper. Then I'm able to see if the sizing is right. This one took me a few tries... I had originally had a larger snowman but he just wasn't going to fit without eliminating a tree and I like the balance of the trees on either side of the house so I opted for a tiny snowman. I like to think the kids built him from some of the snowballs.


 Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Skin / Mouth: E000, E00, E11; R00, R20
Anya's Hair / Ian's Hair: E21, E23; E21, E23, E27
Anya's Clothes: BG70, BG72, BG75, R20, R14, R46, C00, C1
Ian's Clothes: BV20 BV34, BV17, C00, C1, C3
Snow: B000, B60, C00
Snowman Nose: YR15
Snowman Hat / Scarf: R20, R14
Trees: G24, G46
House: Y00, Y11, YR30, YR31, YR24, E74, E77, N0, N1, N3, N5
Sky: B0000, B000


The panel was die cut with the Large Cross-Stitched Rectangle Stackables die from Lawn Fawn. I mat it with a 3-3/8 x 4-5/8" piece of Smokey Shadow card stock from Papertrey Ink. Before I started coloring I found some cute pattern papers in my stash.... the Snowfall Collection from Authentique. I cut two of the papers and adhered them to a white A2 top fold card base. I also cut a 1/8" strip of the Smokey Shadow card stock to adhere as a border between the pattern papers. I used a scrap of the Smokey Shadow card stock to heat emboss my sentiment from the adorable Gingerbread Christmas stamp set. I like to heat emboss with a white pigment ink and white embossing powder. It gives a nice bright white that really pops. Especially on darker card stock. I used the Sugar Cube pigment ink from Taylored Expressions with Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe and I melted the ep with a Wagner Precision Heat tool.


I adhered the sentiment at the bottom of the panel, added a bunch of foam tape to the back of the panel and the sentiment, and then I popped it up on the card. I hope I've inspired you to get inky and have some fun with your digi stamps and papers!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.