Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Double Twisted Ribbon Technique ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique actually isn't an inky one. It's a fun one to use with pattern papers. Perfect for those scraps of pattern paper all of us cardmakers have in our stash... the Double Twisted Ribbon Technique!! Have you seen it?! I saw a card last month using this technique and I just HAD to try it.


For my first card I used the beautiful Hello Daisy {paper pack}. I paired it up with the super sweet A Daisy & A Lady stamps from Unity. One of my absolute favorites!! So cute with these papers.


The technique is really pretty easy. And it can be used with any pattern paper. I cut 1/2" strips from four different pattern papers from the paper pack. The paper strips are adhered to a 2 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock that I scored at 1" intervals. I then trimmed off all the excess pieces off the edge and mat it with a 2-1/2 x 5-1/2" piece of black card stock.


The daisy panel was adhered to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of pattern paper adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. I stamped the daisy and colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Daisy ~ C00, C1, C3
Daisy Center ~ YR21, YR15, YR16, YR24
Ladybug ~ Y11, Y15, Y35


Fussy cut the daisy on the line. I adhered a little scrap of card stock on the back right side of the daisy so it would lay flat on the card. Stamped the sentiment on white card stock, trimmed and adhered on the black panel. I did trim the excess off of this before I adhered it to the card.





For my second card I've paired up Magnolia Dreams {paper pack} with the beautiful Magnolia Flowers stamps, also from Unity. For this one I actually used a larger panel for the technique measuring 4 x 5-1/2".


I used 1/2" strips for this one too. The strips were all adhered to the panel and I trimmed off the excess. And then I adhered the panel to a mat of pink pattern paper from the paper pack. The card front was then adhered to a white A2 top fold card base.


Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used to color up the magnolia:

Magnolia ~ RV000, RV10, RV14, RV17, RV09
Flower Center ~ YR21, YR15, YR16


Please excuse my stained and messy mat but I've had a couple questions about the score lines on the white card stock panel so I thought I'd add a visual to help explain. The score lines are used to line up the top edge of the 1/2" pattern paper strips. So the first strip goes diagonal from the top left corner (1) to the first score line on the right (2). The second strip goes on the first score line on the left (3) to the second score line on the right (4) and so on until you've filled up the panel. And then you'd switch your pattern papers and work diagonally the other direction (criss crossing the papers). Hope this is a bit more clear.


The Double Twisted Ribbon Technique is so amazing and beautiful! A very versatile technique depending on the size of paper panel that's used. If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.