Friday, December 30, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 ~ Gingerbread Kisses ~ Not 2 Shabby

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with more inspiration for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29!! I wanted to share a bit of news regarding the sketch and also my plans for next year, but I'll share that down below so please read through this to the end of this blog post! I am just tickled to see that so many are loving this sketch! The card I'm sharing today literally took me just 10 minutes. And that was just because I couldn't decide on the right pink card stock to coordinate with the pattern paper! LOL


The beautiful ephemera and pattern papers I used today are from Not 2 Shabby and they're called Gingerbread Kisses. I'm just smitten with the colors in these papers!! I just checked the website and it looks like the pattern paper pad is out of stock but the Gingerbread Kisses ephemera is in stock!! Woohoo!


The pattern paper is double sided so the candy canes are on the other side of this gorgeous glitter paper. I cut the pattern paper to 3-3/4 x 5" and then drew a line lightly with my pencil from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. I then cut the opposite corner to corner leaving a pencil marking for me to cut the leftover pieces. I hope that makes sense. I've showed how to cut these in my video here... Advent Calendar Day 9 | {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 | Unity Stamp Co. But rather than draw two lines corner to corner I've started just doing the one and then cutting the opposite corners.


I adhered the pattern paper to a piece of white card stock measuring 4 x 5-1/4". I then adhered the panel to a card front of Pretty Pink card stock from Stampin' Up measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base. I popped up the ephemera with foam tape. There isn't a sentiment included in the ephemera... or at least I don't think there is. I actually didn't look through it. LOL... the cute gingerbread house was on the top so I grabbed it. I did remember I had a cute gingerbread sentiment in a Not 2 Shabby stamp set so I went looking for it and found it! It's the Peppermint Mocha Season stamp set. I love this sentiment!!

Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 29 for the month of December!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog

Now, about that news regarding the sketch... I've decided to extend the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 through the month of January. December has been so busy and I know some have mentioned that they didn't get to play with the sketch yet. I'm also really enjoying this sketch and I'd like to make a couple more cards with it. So with that said the December challenge will be extended through to January 31st. I hope that you'll get to play along with us!

And regarding my plans for next year... December was SO crazy busy for me that I've decided to take January off. I have a handful of DT obligations that I'll be sharing this month but as far as {BYSHC} I'll only be sharing 2 cards. My plan for 2023 is to share just 3 cards for each sketch. I made so many Christmas cards last year that I still have a bunch left over so I'm decreasing my goal for 2023 to just 75. I figure 3 cards a month plus the ones that I make for the linky parties, I should be set! Well, that's it for me today. I'll be sharing another card for this sketch on January 13th.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.