Saturday, May 28, 2022

DIY Pattern Paper ~ De Fleur Daisy {Stamp & Stencil} ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm so excited to share my projects with you today!!! I had so much fun making my own DIY pattern paper using the wonderful De Fleur Daisy stencil from Unity Stamp Co.!! I have a lot of pictures to share so I'm going to keep my writing to a minimum. I hope you'll scroll through to the end to see all the pretty cards I made from one 9 x 12" piece of homemade pattern paper.


I die cut the DIY pattern paper with the Make a Tag {die set}. I also used some burlap ribbon that I think I got from Unity but I don't see it on the website anymore. I tied the ribbon with some white baker's twine.


I use the same sentiment for all 5 cards that I'm sharing today. I used a super cute birthday sentiment from the new Extended Celebration {May 2022 Sentiment Kit}. I love all the amazing sentiments in this kit!! The sentiments are all stamped with Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions on True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink and then I heat embossed some Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe.


I used the pretty stitched scalloped tag as a guide for me to cut my own tag card base. You can see my process in creating the pretty DIY pattern paper and I also share how I made the Make a Tag Card here... DIY Pattern Paper | De Fleur Daisy Stencil | Unity Stamp Co.




My next card is a mini slimline measuring 6-1/2 x 7"; scored at 3-1/2". And it uses a 6-1/4 x 3-1/4" piece of the DIY pattern paper.


I added a bit of black metallic thread underneath the sentiment by applying some Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive and then twisting the thread to make circles. 


I secured it in place even more by popping up the sentiment with foam tape over the thread.


For my next card I die cut a piece of the DIY pattern paper with the largest scalloped stitched rectangle dies from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies} from Unity.


I adhered it to a True Black card front measuring 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" that I then adhered to a white A2 card base measuring 11 x 4-1/4"; scored at 5-1/2".


The sentiment is trimmed and then adhered directly to the card with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue.


For my fourth card I die cut a piece of the DIY pattern paper with the largest die from the Postage Stamp {nesting dies} from Unity.


I adhered it to a True Black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" that I adhered to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2".


I trimmed the sentiment fussy cutting a fishtail for the left side and popped it up on the card with foam tape.


My last card is pretty CAS {Clean and Simple}... I used the leftover piece from the other mini slimline card to make another mini slimline card. 


I adhered the 1-7/16 x 6-1/4" DIY pattern paper panel to a slightly larger True Black mat measuring 1-5/8 x 6-3/8" and then I adhered it to the mini slimline card base {same dimensions as the first mini slimline}.


I trimmed the sentiment. I adhered two scraps of card stock underneath the right side of the sentiment so that it would lay flat on the card and then I adhered the sentiment to the card. Not only does this trick help the sentiment lay flat, it also gives the card a bit of dimension.


Here's a pic of all 5 cards!! I just love how these turned out!!
Here are the supplies I used for the DIY pattern paper:
Canson XL Watercolor Paper 140lb
Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, 
Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks
Linen Layering Stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Stitches Layering Stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
TE Blender Brushes from Taylored Expressions Purple Tape and Pixie Tape from iCraft Apple Barrel Black Acrylic paint American Crafts Plastic Palette Kid's paint brush Mini Wagner Precision Heat tool
Small Water Spray bottle

I hope I've inspired you to pull out those stencils and get inky!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful.video of this process. I love that you made all of these adorable cards from one sheet of background paper you made! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for watching my video, Robin!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.