Friday, June 18, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 11 ~ Bounty of Wreaths ~ Brutus Monroe

 Hello there crafty friend!
I seem to be on a bit of a roll with the exclusive Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember stamp sets... so why not share one more?! The Bounty of Wreaths stamp set by Brutus Monroe isn't just a Christmas set, it actually has a Halloween, a Fall, and a Christmas wreath and a bunch of coordinating sentiments. Such an awesome stamp set and I'm so happy to finally make a card with it. 


Now, this wreath was actually stamped out sometime around last Christmas. I even colored the pine cones... but it's been sitting on my side table just waiting for me to finish it up. I saw it the other day and thought it would be perfect for the {BYSHC} Sketch 11... and I think it works. I did alter the sketch a bit by not cutting the edge off of my 'circle' image but... I couldn't cut the wreath!! It's too pretty! I paired up the pretty wreath with a more rustic paper pad but it's also from Brutus Monroe... the Winter Cabin paper collection. This paper pad isn't necessarily just for Christmas... it would be great for Masculine cards, but I think it works really nicely with this wreath stamp.


I colored all the fun elements of this wreath and then got to the ornaments and I was stumped so I asked my daughter what color to use. She came over to my Copic marker collection and picked B04... a beautiful bright blue. Not what I was leaning towards but I used it and I love how it turned out.
Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:

Pinecones ~ E51, E55, E57
Bells ~ YR21, YR24, E15, E18
Bows ~ R000, R14, R27
Berries ~ C00, C2
Candy Canes ~ C00, C2, R000, R14, R27
Stars ~ Y06, Y15, Y35, Y38
Ornaments ~ B00, B04, B12
Wreath ~ G21, G24, G46 


Here's another look at {BYSHC} Sketch 11.
I hope you'll join in the fun start building your stash along with us in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. If you're interested in seeing more inspiration using this sketch, stop by the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.