Friday, January 15, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #6 ~ Dreamerland Crafts ~ Together for the Holidays

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another sweet holiday card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge that is going on in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group for the entire month of January. I've been inking up some of those must have holiday stamps to keep on track with my goal of one holiday card a week for the year. This is card number three and I just couldn't wait any longer to ink up this adorable stamp from Dreamerland Crafts called Together for the Holidays!!  


Isn't it just the sweetest stamp?! I adore it! I inked it up with VersaFine Onyx black ink on Canson XL 140lb watercolor paper and then heat embossed some Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear embossing powder. I love to heat emboss detailed images when watercoloring so that the watercolors stay where I've put them. I used a handful of ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor this sweet stamped image. I then stamped a couple of the snowflakes from the same set with Wow Clear embossing ink and heat embossed some Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I also used a VersaMark marker and added dots of snow around the image by heat embossing them with more white ep. I love how it turned out!


Once the watercolored image was completely dry, I die cut it with a Stitched Square Stacklets die from Taylored Expressions and mat it on a 3-3/8" squared piece of Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink. I then adhered it to a scrap piece of watercolor paper that I die cut with the Eyelet Elegance Square die from Gina Marie Design. I cut a 2" flag from Kraft card stock and adhered it to the back of the focal piece. I then popped up the whole focal piece with foam tape. The card base is a 10 x 5" piece of Kraft card stock scored in the middle to make a 5" square card. I cut some cute papers from Polkadoodles called Ho Ho Gnome... the blue snow paper is 4-7/8" square and the striped paper is 3 x 4-7/8". I adhered those together and then adhered them to the card base. The sentiment is from the Christmas Magic stamp set from Unity Stamp Co... it's stamped with the Wow Clear embossing ink and then I heat embossed some white ep. To finish off the card, I adhered a wood snowflake using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. So sweet... I love it!


Here's another look at the sketch I used. I adjusted the sketch slightly to work with a square card and the stamp that I wanted to use. I hope this card inspires you to pull out those holiday stamps and get ahead in creating your holiday cards! I'll be back next week with another fun holiday card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.