Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Spread Your Wings ~ Happy Mother's Day

Hi crafty friends!
I have my first Mother's Day card of the year to share with you today! I just love how this mixed media card turned out... but guess what? It's using digi stamps and copic markers! Yes! So... I guess it's more of a faux mixed media card LOL! Anyhow, I love it! 
The Spread Your Wings digi stamps by Polka Dot Orchard can be found... here!


When Jessica, the owner and artist of Polka Dot Orchard, shared a little sneak peek of this new digi set I fell in love! I love the designs of the stamps included and the possibilities are endless when combining them together in a word document. 

I started by adding the scribbled background stamp keeping it to one side of what would be my card front and then added the flowers stamp over top adjusting the size so a good amount of the scribble background showed through. I included some more digis on my page and then printed it off. I trimmed my cardstock down to four card fronts and then for this particular one, I ran it through my big shot with the MFT In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die.

I had so much fun coloring the flowers... I decided to go with warm oranges and yellows. I used the following Copic markers ~ Y000, Y06, Y15, Y17, Y28, Y38, E15, E97, YR14, YR21, YR24, YR27, G99, YG93, YG95.

I then colored my background alternating between the B000 and BV000 copic markers. I also added some V000 and some colorless blender to take away some color. To finish off the background I made a mask to cover up the flowers and then I added some Martha Stewart Metallic Champagne acrylic paint splatters, as well as some white splatters.


I wrapped some black metallic thread around the die cut panel and adhered the ends in the back with some tape. I adhered the panel on a black mat and then adhered the entire panel on a white card base. The sentiment... also included in the digi set of stamps... was also printed on my sheet of digis and I just trimmed it down and popped it up on the card. I added a skinny strip of black card stock underneath the sentiment to break up the white. My final touch was a few Nuvo glossy black drops.

I have plans to make a few Mother's Day cards this week to share. I hope 
you'll come back to check them out.

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.