Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Hippo Birdie To You!

Hello! Today I'm sharing a sweet birthday card using the Hippo Birdie To You mini kit from Scrapping for Less. There are two variations of this collection in the Scrapping for Less shop. There's a smaller kit with 6 sheets of 6x6 patterned paper, the Lawn Fawn Year Four stamp set, and 3 coordinating embellishments ---> check that kit out here. Or there's a collection with the items listed above plus the X-Cut die Happy Birthday Cake ---> check that kit out here. Now, if you're just loving this sweet hippo and birdie and you want to add them to your stamp collection ---> check that stamp set out right here.


For my card, I decided to go with a sketch I saw recently on the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge blog. I love checking out sketches to get my mojo working! Sometimes, you just need that little bit of inspiration. I started with a kraft card base that I adhered my layer of brown polka dot paper to. I then stamped out my images on a piece of white card stock. I masked the hippo, birdie and the little hats and then blended my background with my go to distress inks, Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn. I pulled off the masks and colored in my images with copic markers (listed below). I die cut the image with a circle die and then adhered it to a scalloped circle die cut from the striped papers in the kit. I popped up the focal image with foam tape. I partially popped up the wood embellishments... where they overlap the scalloped circle they are just adhered with liquid glue. I set the card aside and stamped the sentiment from the set and mat it on a scrap piece of the striped paper. I also popped the sentiment up on the card.
{Copic markers used: birdie ~ Y06, Y18, YR15, YR68; hats ~ BG11; hippo ~ C0, C3, C5, C7; shadow under hippo ~ YG67} 


Now to finish the card off... I wanted to do a little something on the inside so that's where the die in the collection came in handy. I cut a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of white card stock and adhered it to the inside of the card. I die cut the cake out of the striped paper and just adhered it to the center of the card. Just that easy to include a little birthday fun on the inside of the card. That's it for me this time!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.