Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 145 ~ Ombre ~ You Are Sweet Like Honey!

Hello! Today, I'm sharing a card that I made for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #145 ~ Ombre! How could I not play along... an ombre background is such a fun technique! And really, it's been a long time since I've played along with a challenge at Stamp Ink Paper.


I blended Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot distress oxide inks on a piece of white card stock from Papertrey Ink. Once I had the background blended like I wanted I splattered some water on it and then splattered yellow and black acrylic paints, as well. I stamped the honeycomb stamp from Unity Stamp Company's April 2018 Kit of the Month called Eyes of the Beholder using Black Soot distress oxide ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I the stamped the bee using the same ink and embossing powder on a scrap piece of card stock. I blended some Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey distress oxide inks over the bee and then die cut it out. I ran the ombre background piece and a piece of True Black card stock through the big shot with dies from My Favorite Things' Blueprints 20 Die-namics. I adhered the ombre piece to the black card stock and then splattered some gold silk.


I then adhered the panel to a white card base and set it aside. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and cut out each word. I sponged a bit of Black Soot distress ink around each word. I popped up the die cut bee and then adhered the words along the left side of the card.


Since I was having so much fun making the first card, I decided to make another one - this time with the ombre going from top to bottom. All of the other steps for this card were the very same.



I had so much fun making this card! If you want to play along with the challenge, head 
on over here ---> SIP Challenge 145.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, what an amazing creation and the sentiment is perfect "sweet as honey". Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.