Sunday, February 19, 2017

CYCI147 - Poppies Make me Happy!!

Hello! I'm so glad that you've stopped by my blog! Today, I have for you a new challenge with CYCI... another fabulous color challenge ~ Pink, Red, Black, and Silver!




I have to be completely honest with you, as much as I love these colors... I was stumped on what to do. I didn't want to make another Valentine's card which had been my original thought. I did, however, really want to do something simple maybe with a bit of a wow factor. I just recently got these gorgeous poppies from Unity Stamp Company! Aren't they just stunning! I love them! 
To keep the design simple, I decided only to layer the one smaller poppy. The rest is stamped and splattered directly on the white card base.  First, I stamped the pink poppy on a scrap of white card stock using the pink ZIG Clean Color Real Brush marker. I did go back over it a bit with one of my water pens to smooth some of the color out. Now for the red poppy, I did the same - I colored the stamp directly with the red ZIG marker, but then I spritzed the stamp with a bit of water and then stamped it directly on the card base. I also went over this image a bit with the water pen just to even out some of the color. I love the effect that the water gave to the red poppy!! I then stamped the outline poppy images with Memento tuxedo black ink. Part of the fun with these stamps is that they are stunning even if you don't get the lines matched perfectly with the image. My next step was to mask the red poppy and splatter the card base with some Silver silks! I love my silks!! I went a little crazy with it and some splotches got a little too wet and leaked through the post it note which you can see in the close up picture below... 




In this close up picture you can see the shine from the silks and the added shimmer to the middle of the poppies that I added using a black Wink of Stella pen. My last step for this card was stamping and embossing the sentiment. I had recently won a prize package from Unity and this sentiment was in my prize package so I'm not sure what kit it comes from, but it was perfect for this card. I stamped it in black craft ink and heat embossed it. At this point I was done and walked away... but I couldn't take a photo until the next morning since my studio was so dark. The next morning when I came in to take the photos, I decided that the card needed a bit more silver... so I added the bit of ribbon to the top. After about five minutes of trying to tie a decent bow, I decided to just make a pretty knot and call it done! Haha! Just keeping it real! 


 canyoucaseit.com


I can't wait to see what you create with these colors!! Be sure that you've joined our new Facebook group so that you can enter the challenge... Can You Case It? Challenge Group. Be sure to go check out all the other lovelies created by the CYCI design team!


Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Donna Poppies (Unity)
Card Stock: white (PTI)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (SU!), black craft (retired SU!)
Adhesives: Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!)
Tools: Heat Tool (SU!)
Miscellaneous: Silver silks (FSJ), ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers (Amazon), 
black detailed embossing powder (retired SU!), Silver 1/8" ribbon (SU!)



Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.